Fennel seeds are mostly used for aromatic and to add flavor to the meals. Having a small number of fennel seeds a the end of every meal is more common in India. Fennel is one of the species of the carrot family. Daily consumption will keep you away from the cold, cough, and other common ailments. Fennel seeds contain a wide range of nutrients like iron, magnesium, potassium, manganese, vitamin c, calcium. Cumin and fennel seeds look very similar but both are very different spices with great health benefits. Fennel seeds are low in calories. Fennel seeds contain anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic properties to keep up with your help benefits.
Health Benefits of fennel seeds
• fennel seeds contain aromatic essential oils that contain anti-bacterial properties helping freshen up the breath. This is a great remedy to combat your bad breath.
• Fennel seeds are rich in phytonutrients that help in curing sinus problems. They also help to recover from asthma and congestion.
• Daily consumption of fennel seeds does magic to your skin by protecting you from free radical problems and improving the cells.
• The essential oils and fibers that are present in the fennel seeds help to detox the body and get rid of all the toxic materials and purify the blood for good absorption of nutrients.
• Chewing fennel seeds on daily basis help to increase the nutrient content in the saliva that naturally helps to control the blood pressure level in the body.
• Fennel seeds contain galactogenic properties that help to increase estrogen and breast milk production. Adding fennel seeds help to have a steady breast milk flow for the newborn baby.
How to store fennel seeds
Fennel seeds are available in the form of seeds or as ground form. Seeds can be easily stored and used for 1 to 2 years Store the fennel seeds in an air-sealed container to have a long life sheld. Replace the fennel seeds once the seeds lose their flavor due to evaporation of the essential oils.
Simple remedies with fennel seeds
• Indigestion can be quickly relieved by mixing 1 teaspoon of fennel and cardamom seeds grind them into fine powder. take about 1/4 teaspoon of the powder and mix with water. Intake this after every meal.
• Migraine can be reduced by using these simple remedies, soak 50 grams of fennel seeds into one liter of boiling water. Let it cool and then strain them. Apply them on the temples and forehead 3 times a day to get relieved from the migraine.
• To cure fever and stomach ache, boil 2 tablespoons of Saunf in 1 cup of water till it gets reduced to half. Strain the water and consume one tablespoon every morning and evening to get the best results.
• menstrual cramps can be reduced by applying a combination of 1 drop of Saunf with 1 drop of geranium and 2 drops of clary sage oil along with 1 tablespoon of whole fat milk at the lower abdominal to reduce cramps.
• To keep yourself away from eye irritation or inflammation you can add 1/2 teaspoon of Saunf in water and boil until it becomes half then let it cool and strain the solution and use it as an eye drop.